4 Reasons to Use Chiropractic After Your Accident
Driving home you stop at a red light and before you know it…
Maybe you see it coming, maybe you don’t. Either way, you’ve probably just suffered a whiplash injury (also called a cervical acceleration / deceleration injury). Whiplash can cause the following symptoms:
- Neck pain and stiffness, worse with neck movement
- Sub occipital (base of the skull) headaches
- Pain or tenderness in the upper back, shoulders and arms
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or hands
- Dizziness or balance issues
- Blurred vision
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Difficulty concentrating
Chiropractic care is very successful with auto injuries and it is well documented.
Here are 4 reasons to use chiropractic after your accident:
1. Specialized Care – Few car accident victims require an ambulance or trip to the emergency room. Even if they do, without any bleeding or broken bones you’ll probably be sent home with some muscle relaxers and be told to take it easy for a day or two. However, the injured muscles, ligaments and tendons will be ignored.
Doctors of Chiropractic take car accident injuries seriously and specialize in treating spinal injuries.
2. Quicker Recovery – The biggest mistake people in Denver make after being in a motor vehicle collision (MVC) is waiting too long to begin care. Typically, the symptoms of whiplash (inflammation, dizziness, headaches, blurred vision, and neck pain) don’t surface for several days. When ligaments, tendons or capsules are injured, they will heal whether we treat them or not. By waiting, scar tissue will begin to form. This is the same as a scab on a cut. That means it doesn’t stretch and bend like healthy tissue. Because of this, long term, chronic pain and dysfunction can result. It also makes treating those injuries more difficult, time-consuming and costly.
Chiropractic after your accident helps reduce treatment time and expense.
3. Fewer Prescription Medications – Traditional medical treatment relies on pain medication to treat musculoskeletal injuries. In reality, these medications just mask your symptoms. Imagine you are driving down the road and your car makes a funny noise… so you turn up the radio. The problem is still there, you just can’t hear it. Unfortunately, this is also where many people’s problems with opioids begin. Chiropractors use safe, drug free, non-addictive treatments to help Denver car accident victims.
4. Insurance Coverage – Money shouldn’t dictate the care you receive but unfortunately, medical treatment can be very expensive. Most auto insurance policies include chiropractic coverage. However, there are typically limits on the number of visits or total monetary benefits available. In Colorado, most policies have Med Pay benefits available. These benefits typically range from $5,000 to $25,000. Linking your injuries and treatment to your accident is also much easier when choosing chiropractic care.
Whether you’re a driver or a passenger, car accidents can be traumatic and painful. We’ve given you 4 reasons to see a chiropractor after your car accident. The peace of mind you get from seeing a trained whiplash specialist is just as important. Chiropractors specialize in finding and correcting the damage caused by car accidents.
If you’ve been injured in a MVC, contact our preferred provider to schedule a FREE Auto Accident Injury Evaluation.